At the moment we’re excited to announce the preview of Palo Alto Networks Cloud Subsequent Era Firewall (NGFW) for Azure, obtainable as a software program as a service (SaaS) providing in Azure Digital WAN. Azure Digital WAN (vWAN), networking as a service brings networking, safety, and routing functionalities collectively to simplify networking in Azure. With ease of use and ease inbuilt, vWAN is a one-stop store to attach, shield, route site visitors, and monitor your broad space community.
Digital WAN’s deep integration with the Palo Alto Networks managed firewall service means that you can benefit from the simplicity of a SaaS safety providing with out the hassles of managing provisioning, scaling, resiliency, software program updates, or routing. A SaaS mannequin permits a buyer to deploy an answer by merely supplying essential parameters and abstracting themselves from the administration of community digital home equipment.
On this weblog, we’ll concentrate on the use case, adopted by a quick overview of the behind-the-scenes secret sauce that makes it occur, after which understanding key Palo Alto Networks differentiating options.
The use case
Prospects of Azure Digital WAN can now use Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW for Azure to safe their site visitors by means of their Digital WAN deployments. At the moment, prospects with digital hubs throughout the globe can select to guard their site visitors destined to on-premises, by deploying an Azure Firewall or a third-party community digital equipment (NVA). Prospects now have the extra potential to have the ability to deploy Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW as a SaaS answer and safe any doable site visitors flows of their vWAN deployment.
The completely different site visitors flows which can be supported by a buyer’s vWAN deployment are illustrated beneath. Flows are numbered within the desk beneath with the next assumptions:
- ‘B’ stands for a Department which is a buyer’s on-premises community linked to Azure by means of ExpressRoute circuits, Department/Web site-to-site VPN, or Distant consumer/Level-to-site connections.
- ‘V’ stands for VNet—Azure Digital networks internet hosting buyer companies and linked to a Digital WAN hub. It might even be known as spoke VNet.
- ‘I’ stands for web, which suggests the client site visitors that originates from or terminates within the web and traverses by means of Azure Digital WAN.
- ‘H’ stands for Azure Digital hub.
- Visitors flows throughout a single hub are site visitors flows originating and terminating on endpoints linked to the identical digital hub. These might also be known as Intra-hub flows.
- Inter-hub flows are site visitors flows that traverse throughout 2 digital hubs to get to the vacation spot.
Prospects can add Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW to an Azure Digital WAN Hub within the Azure portal. After a hub is created, click on on the hub identify and navigate to Third-party Suppliers -> SaaS options –> Create SaaS and select the Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW choice.
After clicking “Create”, you’ll be taken to a wizard expertise the place you may configure and customise your Cloud NGFW SaaS deployment. You’ll be able to customise key networking and safety attributes of your SaaS equivalent to choosing public Ips, DNS proxy settings, safety insurance policies, and safety settings.
After the Cloud NGFW has been efficiently provisioned, you may handle your SaaS Firewall by navigating to your Digital Hub -> Third-party suppliers -> SaaS options -> Handle SaaS. Discover right here for extra data on obtainable choices.
How does this all work inside Digital WAN
As talked about within the prior part, Digital WAN helps a number of flows. As an example the behind-the-scenes workings in Digital WAN, we’ll use East-West (V2V) site visitors flows.
As you may see, the complexities of site visitors engineering, and infrastructure administration are utterly eliminated and the consumer will get to simply concentrate on securing the proper safety insurance policies for his or her community site visitors.
Key highlights of the Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW for Azure integration with Digital WAN
Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW for Azure integrates with Azure Digital WAN deployments, enabling prospects to guard site visitors throughout their whole community. Whereas there are a number of cool and turn-key options constructed into the mixing, just a few which can be value calling out are beneath:
- Machine studying powered NGFW: Cloud NGFW for Azure makes use of AI and machine studying to detect and cease recognized, unknown, and zero-day threats, enabling prospects to remain forward of refined adversaries.
- Constant Safety and Administration from On-Premises to Azure: Cloud NGFW for Azure is built-in with Panorama, Palo Alto Networks coverage administration answer. The mixing of Panorama with Cloud NGFW for Azure gives a number of advantages to prospects. Firstly, it permits seamless safety coverage extension from on-prem to Azure, simplifying operations and decreasing administrative workload and complete price of possession. Extra importantly, this integration enforces the identical excessive requirements of safety within the cloud, making certain that prospects’ cloud environments are safe and guarded towards cyber threats. Moreover, the mixing supplies centralized visibility, offering priceless insights into the threats on their community enabling prospects to handle their safety insurance policies by means of their current Panorama console, streamlining administration, permitting their cloud groups to concentrate on software migration and new software improvement.
- Ease of use: Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW is designed to be extremely straightforward to make use of. Just like Digital WAN product rules for simplicity and ease of use, this Palo Alto Networks built-in answer permits prospects to obtain and deploy the answer instantly from the Azure portal in only a few minutes, offering immediate safety towards cyber threats. The answer can also be painless to function as Palo Alto Networks takes care of scaling, resilience, and software program updates. This integration provides prospects the agility and adaptability they should handle their cloud safety whereas specializing in their core enterprise targets.
We would like your suggestions
We look ahead to persevering with to construct out Azure Digital WAN and including extra capabilities sooner or later. We encourage you to check out Azure Digital WAN and the Palo Alto Networks Cloud NGFW SaaS and look ahead to listening to extra about your experiences to include your suggestions into the product.
Be taught extra
For added data, please discover these assets: