This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: After a fast spin by way of the information of the week, we get right down to enterprise with our second spherical of picks for the most effective and worst tech and leisure of 2023.
Additionally on The CultCast:
- Would you pay 99 bucks for a USB-C case for AirPods Professional? I believe the worth is outrageous, however not everyone seems to be so positive.
- Apple simply raised the bar for authorities who may need to spy in your iPhone’s push notifications.
- A brand new iPhone safety characteristic will quickly make it more durable for thieves to wreck your life.
- And the newest on how Apple is likely to be pressured to open up iPhone to appease regulators.
Take heed to this week’s episode of The CultCast within the Podcasts app or your favourite podcast app. (Make sure to subscribe and depart us a evaluate should you prefer it!) Or watch the video dwell stream, embedded beneath.
This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks. Cult of Mac might earn a fee once you use our hyperlinks to purchase objects.
The CultCast dwell stream archive
Watch the archive of our dwell YouTube stream:
Our sponsors: Notion and Issue
- Notion: Mix your notes, paperwork and process/mission administration into one house that’s easy and superbly designed, with the facility of AI constructed proper inside. Attempt Notion AI free of charge once you go to notion.com/cultcast.
- Issue: Get Issue and revel in consuming properly with out the effort. Merely select your meals and revel in contemporary, flavor-packed meals delivered to your door. Prepared in simply two minutes, with no prep, no mess! Head to FactorMeals.com/cultcast50 and use code cultcast50 to get 50% off.
This week’s prime Apple information
Listed below are the headlines we’re speaking about on this week’s present:
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac groups up with MagEasy to present two fortunate winners an iPhone 15 case of their alternative, coupled with a display screen protector. The combo will maintain any iPhone 15 sequence mannequin wanting good and secure from on a regular basis hazards.
To enter, simply go to our giveaway web page.
Better of 2023 … half 2!
Erfon: Matter, the brand new home-automation commonplace that’s making good gadgets smarter, sooner, cheaper and totally appropriate with Apple, Google and Amazon merchandise.
Lewis: The Final of Us, a post-apocalyptic TV present on Max that’s good like the primary few seasons of The Strolling Useless. Robust performing and writing make the present stand out, regardless that it’s based mostly on a online game (which is normally a one-way ticket to horrible).
Worst of 2023 … half 1!
Erfon: HomePod 2.0. It’s nonetheless an excellent speaker, however to drive down the worth, Apple eliminated the angelic sound signature all of us fell in love with.
Lewis: Predictive textual content and voice recognition in iOS 17. Apple retains saying it’s enhancing Siri and utilizing machine studying to make textual content and app suggestions higher. Nevertheless it all simply retains getting worse and worse.