For 13 years, a key pillar of the Chrome Safety ecosystem has included encouraging safety researchers to search out safety vulnerabilities in Chrome browser and report them to us, by means of the Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program.
Beginning at the moment and till 1 December 2023, the primary safety bug report we obtain with a purposeful full chain exploit, leading to a Chrome sandbox escape, is eligible for triple the complete reward quantity. Your full chain exploit may lead to a reward as much as $180,000 (doubtlessly extra with different bonuses).
Any subsequent full chains submitted throughout this time are eligible for double the complete reward quantity!
We’ve got traditionally put a premium on experiences with exploits – “top quality experiences with a purposeful exploit” is the best tier of reward quantities in our Vulnerability Rewards Program. Over time, the risk mannequin of Chrome browser has developed as options have matured and new options and new mitigations, such a MiraclePtr, have been launched. Given these evolutions, we’re at all times all for explorations of recent and novel approaches to totally exploit Chrome browser and we wish to present alternatives to raised incentivize this sort of analysis. These exploits present us worthwhile perception into the potential assault vectors for exploiting Chrome, and permit us to determine methods for higher hardening particular Chrome options and concepts for future broad-scale mitigation methods.
The complete particulars of this bonus alternative can be found on the Chrome VRP guidelines and rewards web page. The abstract is as follows:
- The bug experiences could also be submitted upfront whereas exploit improvement continues throughout this 180-day window. The purposeful exploits should be submitted to Chrome by the tip of the 180-day window to be eligible for the triple or double reward.
- The primary purposeful full chain exploit we obtain is eligible for the triple reward quantity.
- The complete chain exploit should lead to a Chrome browser sandbox escape, with an indication of attacker management / code execution outdoors of the sandbox.
- Exploitation should have the ability to be carried out remotely and no or very restricted reliance on person interplay.
- The exploit should have been purposeful in an lively launch channel of Chrome (Dev, Beta, Secure, Prolonged Secure) on the time of the preliminary experiences of the bugs in that chain. Please don’t submit exploits developed from publicly disclosed safety bugs or different artifacts in outdated, previous variations of Chrome.
As is per our basic rewards coverage, if the exploit permits for distant code execution (RCE) within the browser or different highly-privileged course of, reminiscent of community or GPU course of, to lead to a sandbox escape with out the necessity of a primary stage bug, the reward quantity for renderer RCE “top quality report with purposeful exploit” can be granted and included within the calculation of the bonus reward complete.
Primarily based on our present Chrome VRP reward matrix, your full chain exploit may lead to a complete reward of over $165,000 -$180,000 for the primary full chain exploit and over $110,000 – $120,000 for subsequent full chain exploits we obtain within the six month window of this reward alternative.
We’d prefer to thank our complete Chrome researcher neighborhood to your previous and ongoing efforts and safety bug submissions! You’ve actually helped us make Chrome safer for all customers.