The Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Credit score Card, like all co-branded journey playing cards, is geared toward individuals who commonly fly with Southwest Airways.
It is a premium journey card that gives 3,000 miles yearly you’ve gotten it, a reduction on in-flight purchases, and two free EarlyBird Test-Ins annually.
This card additionally includes a rewards construction, offering bonus miles on spending classes like transit, commuting, web, cable, telephone, and choose streaming.
One other power of this card is its 60,000-mile signup bonus — which is greater than sufficient to get you a round-trip ticket or two!
Should you’re occupied with including the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Credit score Card to your pockets, this information will allow you to determine.
Is the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card for me?
The Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card is designed for frequent flyers who prefer to journey with Southwest.
Because of this when you’re a loyal Southwest buyer or dwell close to a Southwest hub, this card is likely to be an awesome choice for you. You’ll speed up your earnings towards free flights and get some stable perks, akin to two free EarlyBird Test-Ins annually.
Should you aren’t a fan of Southwest or dwell in a spot the place Southwest isn’t as prevalent, this card doubtless gained’t be as helpful as one other airline or generic journey rewards bank card.
What makes this bank card totally different?
What makes the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card totally different is its give attention to Southwest Airways.
As a result of it’s a co-branded card, it could actually supply distinctive advantages and perks that generic journey bank cards can’t. Should you fly Southwest continuously, you’ll take pleasure in these perks.
This card additionally comes with a nice signup bonus within the type of 60,000 bonus factors plus a 30% off promo code if you spend $3,000 utilizing the cardboard inside three months of opening your account.
You too can obtain 10,000 Companion Move qualifying factors increase annually. With the Companion Move, you may identify one individual, akin to a partner, companion, or pal, to be your companion. They will get a free ticket on any flight you e-book for your self.
Generic journey playing cards don’t supply these specialised advantages and bonuses, so that they doubtless gained’t be as interesting to individuals who favor to fly with Southwest.
Associated: Finest bank card enroll bonuses
What are my probabilities of getting accredited?
As with every bank card, it’s vital to consider whether or not you’ve gotten an opportunity of qualifying earlier than you apply. Making use of for a brand new bank card drops your credit score rating by just a few factors, so that you don’t need to decrease your credit score for no purpose.
Chase, this Southwest bank card’s issuer, says that candidates require good credit score to be eligible for the cardboard. Meaning it’s best to attempt to have a credit score rating of about 670 or increased earlier than you apply.
All the main points of the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card
Bank cards are difficult, so earlier than you join one, you have to be sure to perceive how they work.
Charges and charges
The very first thing to take a look at if you need to get a brand new bank card is how a lot the cardboard will price. Some playing cards, together with journey playing cards, have annual charges, so that you need to be sure that the advantages and perks you’ll get cowl the price of having the cardboard.
The Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card fees $69 per 12 months.
Perks and rewards
In terms of journey playing cards, it’s all concerning the perks and rewards. journey card ought to allow you to earn your method towards free journeys and allow you to journey extra comfortably.
The Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card does all of it, with an awesome signup bonus, robust ongoing rewards, and a few good perks to make use of everytime you’re on a flight.
To start out issues off, you may earn 60,000 factors plus a 30% off promo code if you spend $3,000 inside your first three months of getting the cardboard.
After that, you’ll earn:
- 2 factors for every greenback spent on Southwest purchases.
- 2 factors for every greenback spent on Fast Rewards® lodge and automotive rental companions.
- 2 factors for every greenback spent on native transit and commuting, together with rideshare.
- 2 factors for every greenback spent on web, cable, telephone providers, and choose streaming providers.
- 1 level for every greenback spent on all different purchases.
As for perks, cardholders will get a 3,000-point bonus on every card member anniversary. You too can use the cardboard to get two free EarlyBird Test-Ins annually and 25% again on all inflight purchases.
You’ll additionally get all the standard bank card perks and advantages, together with prolonged guarantee safety and buy safety.
Associated: Finest journey rewards playing cards
How you can apply
The simplest technique to apply for the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus card is to go to Chase’s web site. Chase is the financial institution that Southwest companions with to supply this bank card.
To start out the method, you’ll enter your private data, together with your:
- Date of start.
- Mom’s maiden identify.
- Social Safety quantity.
You’ll additionally want to offer your Southwest Fast Rewards quantity when you have one. Should you don’t, Chase will mechanically set one up for you when you’re accredited.
Lastly, you’ll enter whether or not you lease or personal, your month-to-month lease fee quantity (if relevant), and your complete annual earnings. When you apply, Chase will evaluation it and make a lending determination.
Sometimes, Chase can decide immediately. Nevertheless, if the financial institution has hassle matching your info to your credit score file or needs to take a better have a look at among the software particulars, you might have to attend for a call within the mail.
When you’ve got points together with your Southwest Fast Rewards Plus card, one of the best factor to do is attain out to Chase’s customer support.
You possibly can contact Chase by signing in to your account and sending a safe message. You too can name bank card customer support at 1-800-432-3117 or contact @ChaseSupport on social media.
Different stuff it’s best to know
One vital factor to notice concerning the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus card is that it’s not the one Southwest journey card obtainable. There are two others: the Precedence card and the Premier card.
The Plus is the entry-level card. It has the bottom annual price however the fewest perks of the three Southwest playing cards.
The Premier card is the following stage up from the Plus card. It has a better annual price at $99 however presents 3x factors on all Southwest purchases, 6,000 factors on each cardmember anniversary, and bonus qualifying factors towards A-Checklist standing.
The Precedence card is the top-end Southwest card. It has a $149 annual price however presents 7,500 factors on each card member anniversary and a $75 credit score for Southwest journey annually. You’ll additionally obtain 4 upgraded boardings annually.
One other factor to contemplate is that the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus card is designed for Southwest flyers. The rewards you earn are fairly rigid and sometimes solely good for Southwest flights. There are some present card redemption choices, however they aren’t a great worth.
Various bank cards to the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card Credit score Card
If the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card doesn’t seem to be the fitting one for you, think about the next options:
- Southwest Precedence: This card is helpful for individuals who spend lots on it and need to earn A-Checklist standing.
- Southwest Premier: For frequent vacationers, this card’s annual assertion credit score and factors largely cowl the price. You’ll additionally benefit from the upgraded boarding perk.
- Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card: That is one other Chase card with way more versatile rewards, letting you redeem factors for any journey.
- Capital One Enterprise Rewards Credit score Card: This card has a $95 annual price and presents robust money again charges on journey purchases.
- American Categorical Gold: That is the mid-tier Membership Rewards card. It presents versatile rewards and a great earnings fee on meals and journey.
How do you establish which bank card is best for you?
While you’re available in the market for a brand new bank card, it’s best to evaluate your choices to search out the fitting one. When making this comparability, think about the next elements:
- Your skill to qualify. Card issuers design totally different playing cards for individuals with totally different credit score profiles. Earlier than you apply, be sure to have a great probability of qualifying for the cardboard.
- Charges. Some playing cards, particularly journey playing cards, carry annual charges. Be sure you’re getting sufficient worth from the cardboard to make the price value paying.
- Perks. Every card has a special set of perks and advantages. Be certain the perks you obtain from the cardboard are helpful for you.
- Rewards. Bank cards can supply money again, factors, miles, or different rewards. Be certain the rewards on supply align together with your objectives. It’s additionally vital to consider their flexibility. You don’t need to be caught with miles you may’t use. Additionally, think about the speed of incomes these rewards, and search for playing cards that provide bonuses on the sorts of purchases you make most frequently.
- Charges. Typically, it’s best to keep away from carrying a bank card stability each time attainable. Nevertheless, typically you need to carry a stability. When that occurs, having a card with a low rate of interest is nice.
Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card FAQ
Can I pool my Southwest miles with another person’s?
No, Southwest doesn’t supply any technique to pool your rewards with one other individual.
What’s the Southwest Companion Move?
The Southwest Companion Move is a perk you may earn by way of a bank card signup bonus or by taking numerous flights in a single 12 months. While you earn this cross, you may select one different individual to get a free ticket on each flight you e-book till the top of the calendar 12 months after you earned it.
So, when you earn the cross in 2023, it’ll expire on the finish of 2024. Some passes earned by way of promotions have totally different expiration dates.
Can I redeem my Southwest factors for issues aside from flights?
Sure, you may redeem your Southwest factors for present playing cards to many well-liked retailers. Nevertheless, redeeming factors for flights is often a greater worth.
Why select the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card?
With a powerful signup bonus and a few good perks, the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Card is an effective choice for frequent Southwest fliers.
Given its affordable value, substantial signup bonus, and helpful perks, we give the Southwest Fast Rewards Plus Credit score Card a 4 out of 5 ranking.