The VMware Companion Program™ for Object Storage Extension launched a brand new initiative which permits ISVs to combine their options with VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension (OSE).
OSE is a contemporary S3-compatible self-service storage native to VMware Cloud Director and it gives a variety of options to handle unstructured information at scale. It’s at the moment built-in with industry-recognized storage clusters resembling Cloudian, S3 AWS and Dell ECS. The principle aim behind the Object Storage Extension Companion Program is to assist ISVs increase and scale their cloud storage portfolio. Moreover, it’ll empower ISVs to ship a custom-made, seamless, and versatile storage answer that enriches consumer management, safety and expertise for tenants looking for increased manageability.
How Does the VMware Companion Program™ for Object Storage Extension work?
- Step 1: Fill out the Companion Onboarding Kind
- Step 2: Validate the answer by implementing the OSE OSIS course of and check suite
- Step 3: Entry end-to-end technical assist in the course of the validation course of
- Step 4: Acquire full entry to the totally built-in OSE product
- Step 5: Get licensed with the ‘Companion Prepared’ brand
- Step 6: Develop product adoption with the assistance of Go-to-Market Assist from VMware
- ‘Companion Prepared’ VMware authorized brand
- Go-to-market assist: Content material syndication, blogs, PR, social media advertising and marketing
- Technical assist: Reference implementation (with Ceph), Growth Information, Engineering session and way more.
This program is on the market to Companions with a comparatively minimal effort. Right here’s a fast snapshot of the standards :
- Develop their OSIS adapter to facilitate integration
- Preserve lively membership within the VMware Expertise Alliance Companion (TAP) program
- Exhibit profitable operation by finishing the check prescribed by VMware